Subsidy for Export of Food Products
Subsidy for Export of Food Products
Under Agricultural and Processed Food Export Promotion Policy under APEDA.
Subsidy for Export of Food Product under Agricultural and Processed Food Export Promotion Policy under APEDA
Under this Scheme, Agricultural and Processed Food Products Export Development Authority (APEDA) has established by the Government to monitor and supervise the scheme. In view to increase the export of the products, the Government will provide the financial assistance to support them and encourage them to produce more in order to meet the domestic as well as international market demand for that products.
Eligible Beneficiary of this scheme:
APEDA Registered Exporters- Every person exporting any one or more of the Scheduled products as listed below shall apply to Authority to be registered as an exporter of the Scheduled product and eligible to avail the subsidy under this scheme.
Eligible Products allowed under this scheme:
1. Fruits, vegetables and their products,
2.Meat and meat products,
3. Poultry and poultry products,
4. Dairy products,
5. Confectionary, biscuits and bakery products,
6. Honey, jaggery and sugar products,
7. Cocoa and its products, chocolates of all kinds,
8.Alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages,
9. Cereals and Cereal products,
10.Groundnuts, peanuts and walnuts,
11. Pickles, chutneys and papads,
13. Floriculture and floriculture products,
14. Herbal and medicinal plants.
15. Cashew kernels, cashew nut shell liquid, kardanol
Financial Assistance/Subsidy/Benefits Available:
The Quantum of Assistance as under would be provided for the different activities covered under this scheme for the export of eligible products as per the given below terms:
A. For Development of Export Infrastructure:
- Infrastructure such as pack house facilities with packing/grading lines
- Pre- cooling units with cold storages and refrigerated transportation etc.
- Cable system for handling of crops like banana
- Common infrastructure facilities
- Pre-shipment treatment facilities such as irradiation, Vapor Heat Treatment (VHT), Hot Water Dip Treatment (HWDT) for compliance to Phyto-Sanitary requirements of importing countries
- Infrastructure for processing facilities (process food sector) for addressing missing gaps which may include equipment like X-ray, Screening, Sortex, filth / metal detector, sensors, vibrators or any new equipment or technology for food safety and quality requirement
Amount of subsidy available: 40% of the total cost subject to maximum Rs 2 Crore.
B. For Quality Development:
- Installation of quality management systems- 50% of the total cost subject to maximum Rs 5 Lakh per certification.
- Hand held devices for capturing farm level peripheral coordinates for traceability systems and testing of samples etc.- 50% of the total cost subject to maximum Rs 20 Lakh per beneficiary.
- Testing of water, soil, residues or pesticides, veterinary drugs, hormones, toxins, heavy metal, contaminants etc.- 50% of the total cost subject to maximum Rs 5,000 per sample.
- Laboratory testing equipment- 50% of the total cost subject to maximum Rs 1 Crore.
C. For Market Development:
- Participation in International trade fairs
- Exchange of trade delegations
- Organizing buyer seller meets
- Developing packaging standards for new products and upgrading the existing standards
Amount of subsidy available: 50% of the total cost subject to maximum Rs 10 Lakh per beneficiary.
Applicability of the Scheme:
The Scheme is applicable from 2021-22 to 2025-26 for the exporters who will undertake any of the above activity between this time period to avail the benefit under this scheme.
So if you are going to plan for set up a New Business Unit then You should plan and kept on mind the above Subsidy for Exports of food products.
For more information contact us at- 9017151780
We have another many more Business Subsidies, If you are going to start any business you must know about applicable subsidy benefits on particular business. KIP designed a subsidy update plan for you:
Named: KIP- Business & Subsidy Update Plan
Facebook Page- https://www.facebook.com/KIPFINANCIAL
Facebook Group– https://www.facebook.com/groups/kipfinancial
KIP Financial Consultancy Pvt. Ltd.
DSB – 38, Red Square Market, Hisar – 125001 (HR)