Dear Silo Investor,
As you know that FCI (Food Corporation of India) has invited Application for Silo Project in various location of India.
Application has been invited for Selection of developer for:
Development, design, construction, financing, procurement, engineering, Operation and Maintenance of Silo Complexes with Container Depot (Hub Silo Complex) and without Container Depot (Spoke Silo Complex) at various Locations under Design, Build, Finance, Operate and Transfer (DBFOT) model.
Last Date for Submitting Application is: 4th July 2022
Right now FCI has invited the Application for 4 Projects on his owned Land.
These 4 Project are as:
Who can apply?
Bidder may be Any Individual/Firm/Company or a Consortium of Members who has met out the parameters of technical and financial Capacity as prescribed in the tender documents.
Note: Number of members in a consortium shall not exceed 5 (five).
The Bidder shall, over the past 5 (five) financial years preceding the Bid Due Date have met out the technical capacity as specified in Clause 3.3.2 and 3.3.3 and 3.3.4 of the tender documents.
For your kind reference we are mentioning such clause herewith, so that you can ensure your technical capabilities before going to make application.
Amount Paid or received for the project of Warehousing/Storage sector or Core sector during the last 5 Year shall be qualify for the purpose of computing Experience Score.
Here important point is that such project amount should not be less than 20% of Project Cost.
For Example, you are going to apply for Project -4 i.e having total cost of Rs. 148 Core. So your project experience must be more than Rs. 29.60 crore. Only in that case such project experience will be count.
Clause 3.3.3: For a project experience to qualify as Construction experience in warehousing/storage sector or core sector, the Applicant should have paid for execution of its construction works or received payments from its client(s) for construction works executed, fully or partially, during the 5 (five) financial years immediately preceding the Bid Due Date, and only the payments (gross) actually made or received, as the case may be, during such 5 (five) financial years shall qualify for purposes of computing the Experience Score. However, payments/receipts of less than 20% of the Estimated Project Cost of the Project as mentioned in Clause 1.1.1 shall not be reckoned as payments/receipts for Eligible Projects. For the avoidance of doubt, construction works shall not include supply of goods or equipment except when such goods or equipment form part of a turn-key construction contract/ EPC contract for the project. Further, the cost of land shall not be included hereunder.
Bidder can add their experience of Handling PPP (Public Private Partnership) project in Warehousing/Storage or Core Sector.
The main condition of such clause are as:
Clause 3.3.2: For a project experience to qualify as PPP project experience in warehousing/storage sector or core sector:
- It should have been undertaken as a PPP/Infrastructure project on BOT, BOLT, BOO, BOOT or other similar basis for providing its output or services to a public sector entity or for providing non-discriminatory access to users in pursuance of its charter, concession or contract, as the case may be. For the avoidance of doubt, a project which constitutes a natural monopoly such as an airport or port should normally be included category even if it is not based on a long-term agreement with a public entity.
- The entity claiming experience should have held, in the company owning the Eligible Project, a minimum of 26% (twenty six per cent) equity during the entire year for which Eligible Experience is being claimed.
- The capital cost of the project should be more than 20% of the Estimated Project Cost of the Project.
- the entity claiming experience shall, during the last 5 (five) financial years preceding the Bid Due Date, have (i) paid for development of the project (excluding the cost of land), and/ or (ii) collected and appropriated the revenues from users availing of non-discriminatory access to or use of fixed project assets, such as revenues from highways, airports, ports and railway infrastructure, but shall not include revenues from sale or provision of goods or services such as electricity, gas, petroleum products, telecommunications or fare/freight revenues and other incomes of the company owning the
Bidder can add the Operation and Maintenance (O & M) Experience in Warehousing/Storage Sector or Core Sector for the purpose of Computing Score.
Clause 3.3.4: For a project experience to qualify as O&M experience in warehousing/storage sector or core sector, the Applicant should have paid for operation and maintenance or received payments from its client(s) for warehousing/Storage sector or core sector, during the 5 (five) financial years immediately preceding the Bid Due Date, and only the payments (gross) actually made or received, as the case may be, during such 5 (five) financial years shall qualify for purposes of computing the Experience Score.
However, payments/receipts of less than 20% of the Estimated Project Cost of the Project shall not be reckoned as payments/receipts for Eligible Projects.
For avoidance of doubt, in order to qualify for bidding for projects the bidder should have payments/receipts of over 20% of the Estimated Project Cost of the Project as mentioned in Clause 1.1.1over the last 5 years.
Bidder can add the Project Experience covered under the all three Clause.
The Sum total of the above all project should be more than 100% of the Estimated Project Cost of the Project.
In other words, bidder should have the experience of more than the Project Cost of Silo in which he is going to apply.
Here important point is that Bidder need to bid for the whole project. He can’t make the application for the single location of a Project. If a Project have four location then he need to be bid for all four location.
Definition of Warehouse/Storage Project and Core Sector Projects:
- Warehousing/ Storage sector would be deemed to include warehousing/storage, whether modern or otherwise, including cold storage, storage for food processing, grain/ paddy/ millets ; and
- Core sector would be deemed to include roads, highways and bridges, power, telecom, ports, airports, railways, metro rail, industrial parks/ estates, logistic parks, pipelines, irrigation, water supply, sewerage and real estate
Real estate development shall not include residential flats unless they form part of a real estate complex or township which has been built by the Applicant.
Apart from the Technical Capacity, A bidder need to comply with the parameter of Financial Capacity.
The Bidder shall have a minimum Net Worth (the “Financial Capacity”) of 25% (Twenty five percent) of the total Estimated Project Cost at the close of the preceding financial year.
In case of a Consortium, the combined Technical Capacity and Net Worth of those Members, who shall have an equity share of at least 26% (twenty six per cent) each in the SPV(Special Purpose Vehicle) shall be consider for eligibility.
Further each such Member shall need to hold 26% Equity Shareholding in the Project in first 2 (two) years from the date of commercial operation of the Project.
Further each member holding shall not be less than 5% (five per cent) of the Total Project Cost specified in the Concession Agreement.
4. Tenure of Silo Project:
Period: The Concession Period shall be of 387 (three hundred and eighty seven) months commencing from date of Agreement.
All Technical Qualified bidder need to be submit financial bid for the tender. Bidder can opt the Reverse Bid Option also in this silo project.
For more details or any kind of clarification, you may connect with us at 9017151780
We have another many more Business Subsidies, If you are going to start any business you must know about applicable subsidy benefits on particular business. KIP designed a subsidy update plan for you:
Named: KIP- Business & Subsidy Update Plan
Join us on Social Media-
Facebook Page- https://www.facebook.com/KIPFINANCIAL
Facebook Group– https://www.facebook.com/groups/kipfinancial
KIP Financial Consultancy Pvt. Ltd.
DSB – 38, Red Square Market, Hisar – 125001 (HR)